[T3] cc'd replies (was "vw air compressors")

Toby wrote:
"P.S.  I noticed that people are beginning to copy the authors when they
reply to a message that was sent to the list.  This is completely
unnecessary as the person you are respon«V¶will obviously get the
message from the list.  Please, if you are going to send a message to
the list (and it's a reply to another's list message) then there is no
need to copy the author."

Well, if you are on digest mode, a personal copy gets to you sooner,
which really helps keep a discussion list working as a discussion.
Also, I don't save all digests (gasp!); but I do like to keep copies of
replies to me -- call it vanity.  And then there's always the
possibility that one might miss a reply buried in the middle of a
digest.  Maybe we should all state a preference for copying to the
author or not at the end of our posts to the list, hmm?

CC replies to: forsman/harris@jhu.edu
Eric Forsman, '73 Square
Baltimore, MD