[T3] Junkyard adventu¢†N’ of long)

Hey all -

Went to one of the local junkyards (or should a say "auto
recycling center) today at lunch to have a look around.  They had
a dozen or more beetles (mostly late) and a couple of late buses
and one early walk-thru bus (you know, with two doors on either
side...and Chrysler thought they were first), but no T3s around
the other VWs.  None worth saving either.

As I am walking back up to the exit....what's this?  The familiar
roof line of a Square poking up from behind a huge pile of
discarded tires.  Hmmmmmm, maybe this won't be a waste of time
after all.  With thoughts of extra FI parts and hood seals and
stuff racing through my head, I approach the poor thing.  As I
get closer, something doesn't look right.  It has no c-pillar, no
fender vents, and it looks a bit short...... hmmmmmm.

Is it the Volvo we sometimes get confused about?  Has a DARKSIDER
already beaten me to it?  As I get up to it, it is clear it is
not a VW, but what is it?  Closer inspection reveals it to be a
Hillman.  Looks British with a small 3 or 4 cylinder in-line
under the hood and lots of Lucas electrical components.  Very
Squarish in appearance.

Oh well.....no T3 parts after all.

However....

Attention all DARKSIDERS out there!!!

I checked on a couple of late 80's Dodge Caravans and Plymouth
Voyagers and some had power rear vent (pop-out) window
mechanisms.  Very cool and very convenient feature and one that I
plan on incorporating into my Fasty.  Anyway, the best part is
that the guy behind the counter said I could come back and get
them for $10 per side!  So guess what I am doing this weekend if
the weather is good?

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI Auto Fasty (POWER pop-outs in the NEAR future)

Search old messa1»öAhe Web!  Visit http://www.vwtype3.org/list/