[T3] I've finally done it!!!

Or should I say I think I've over done it.
Some time ago I wrote to the list asking for advice on how to fit a type4
motor, and as I didn't get any actual help I decided to do it anyway. I've
got to tell you it was pretty easy really .
Here's the lowdown, first you need to change the input shaft on the gearbox,
a simple operation. You'll need a215mm clutch(1700/1800) next the engine
mount have to be remade, I put a type3 beside a type4 cut them up and welded
up a hybrid.
 You are now ready to bolt it all in. I used a pair of 914 Porsche manifolds
to reduce the height of my carbs as my 2.0l came from a Kombi. The next
major job was to connect the –š'¥to the motor, a little bit of
sheetmetal work, some screws, a suitable clamp and Bob's your uncle.
Connection of the throttle, fuel etc is fairly straight forward. You want to
know how it ran? BEAUTIFUL!! all that extra torque!!! and talk about smooth.
As for extra weight well I weighed both engines fully assembled and the is
only 18lbs different( about 2 bags of groceries in the boot) I also measured
the height at the wheel well with both motors installed, almost 3/16inch  On
driving the car I couldn't tell the difference in handleing.
Oh I forgot to say, the transplant victim is my 72 notch does it now become
a type4?
You might ask how have I overdone it WELL!!!
I decided to see how "Bluebell" would go with the motor out of my Type2
crewcab,
This is my off road machine, Let me tell you about the motor.
103 forged pistons,71mm c/w crank , cam-510lift/312 dur  48 ida webers.
2.4l of screeming power especially in a Notch!! It has to come out, it's
great hauling up the steepest hils in top, but Ican still only legally do
70mph, I'll take it out next week!!
I don't have access to a scanner so I can't send pictures . I may not get
back to my email for a few days
Steve E
68 notch
71notch