[T3] I GOT THE GOODS ON THE WEBERS

OK folks, bear withme as I learn, but I managed to get my hands on a Weber
Tune-up manual that goes into the most detail I've found thus far on the
dual ICTs.
In a few months I should be a guru on the infamous, notorious, and
nefarious end of the fuel system debates. So if anyone has any questions re
these carbs, I can (finally, hopefully) be of some service.
Unfortunately, from what I've read so far, my first piece of advice would
have to be STAY AWAY FROM THE ICT 34 IF YOU CAN HELP IT. IF YOU MUST HAVE
CARBS, GET SOMETHING ELSE.
It appears that the ICT is an undeveloped, neglected member of the Weber
family and even the folks at Weber don't seem to care much for it. It is in
fact a debased variant of Chevy/Simca carb and not intended for performance
engines. As this book puts it, to paraphrase, its for the hobbyist who
really doesnt give a damn.

Ah, me. Thats an expensive lack of a damn....

On the positive side, it's tinkertoys in there. Few moving pÏáAnal
note for people having hard start problems in the cold with these: turns
out, that's exactly how it should be.

Sorry to hear about losing Bryan, maybe we can all learn from this. There's
a point to keeping a focus group focussed, and while I dont think he should
have been treated as he was, maybe we can all return safely to a singleness
of purpose here. The web is a big place and there's a room for everything.
His T3 voice will be missed by me.
Now be nice.

-Mike
72 Sqbk, 1600, dual Weber ICT 34s