Re: [T3] how far?

How far you go depends on what you find inside.  I had a small piece
of #4 piston  edge break off, not sure how and it bounced around the
cylinder until I got home.  Sounded terrible.  I figured I was going
to have to do an engine rebuild anyway, so I drove it home about 5
miles.  I found the piece in the cylinder.  Anyway, a new PC set and a
reconditioned head from my rapidly shrinking pile fixed it, it's been
going for two years now.  I had a full-flow filter on it, so I figured
any metal would end up in the filter, not the bearings.  The engine
only had about 20K miles on it since it was built from new parts, so I
didn't really worry about bearing condition and didn't really have the
time to do a total tear down.  If it happened now, I think I would do
the tear-down, though.  Sometimes you can get by, sometimes not.