Re: [T3] Ignition problems

On 5 Apr 99, at 19:01, Rune Bekkan wrote:

> Finaly the snow is going away. I was going to start my jewel today (a -71
> squareback) after a long winter. But no such luck. After connecting a
> fully charged battery, i tried to start it. I hot-wired it (the ignition
> switch is broken. anybody know where i can get a new one for a -71?), but
> there were no reaction from the ignition. The starter runs, so i know it
> #łA^ there. But nothing else that depends on the ignition being on
> works.

Exactly what did you hot wire? You would need to jump power to the
system (this should turn on the idiot lights on the dash) as well as
jump (while starting) power to the starter solenoid.

> Since none of the manuals i have includes a decent electrical diagram
> (anybody know about a manual that has a decent diagram?), i thought i
> would ask here if anybody have any bright ideas before i start messing
> around. Could it be the regulator under the back seat?

It's not the regulator. That does nothing until after the engine is
running.

Do you have FI? If so is your fuel pump running? Do you have gas?

Do you hear the relays clicking when you jump the ignition?

Have you checked for spark?

Jim