Re: [T3] Steering column mods

On 5 Apr 99, at 0:26, gerald sichta wrote:

> I have a 67 fastback that is undergoing a pan-off restore.  I was
> wondering if any one had any insight into converting the earlier solid
> (heart piercer) steering shaft to a newer style one with a collapsable
> section?  Also, does anyone have any idea where to find seals & other misc
> rubber parts for a t3 front beam? Any input would be appreciated.

My guess is that the 68 collapsible steering column should be a drop
in replacement. You would also need the little cap that the column
runs into to force it to collapse. This is a very good modification
to make.

The seals will be hard to find , but I have many of the other rubber
parts in good used condition.

Jim