[T3] non-listee needs help

	Please reply directly to <TWomack223@aol.com>.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 00:10:53 EDT
From: TWomack223@aol.com
To: webmaster@vwtype3.org
Subject: Type III???

I may have a big problem. I recently bought a VW trike. The man I bought it
from says the engine came out of a 1974 VW squareback. Did they make a
squareback in 74?
Anyway, the trike is pouring oil from the top of the motor. I am hoping it is
coming from the oil cooler. It had been leaking a little bit from what I
thought was the rear seal so I poured a bottle of engine stop leak into the
engine. NOT A GOOD IDEA! I don't know if the stop leak swelled the gaskets
under the oil cooler andÄ~d^ them out or what happened but the engine
blew out all of the oil in 50 miles. I was lucky I didn't burn it up!
I would appreciate any help or ideas you can give me about this motor. What
kind of oil pressure should it have? It starts out cold 20 psi and drops to
10 warm.
I am disabled and on Social Security so I don't have much money. I really
need to try and do the repairs myself. Are there any good books you can
recommend?
Thanks for your help. God bless.
Terry Womack