[T3] Aftermarket scraper install

This if for those of you that have done this already.  During the reassembly
of my beloved Fastback (pictures coming soon!), I have run into a few snags,
but none as frustrating as this.  I've only tried the driver's side so far,
but it is a royal pain.  I got the bottom part of the scraper and moulding in
without too much of a hassle, and I even got the back part that goes up the
side of the window opening on without a hitch.  Now, however, I can NOT get
the top part of the moulding to get in there.  I compared the passenger side
scraper that I have out to an old one I have.  It seems the aftermarket ones
are a little too tall in the area on top.  I don't know where to bend, snip,
cut, or mangle the aftermarket moulding.  It seems like I'll need most of that
metal to keep it securely in there.  My question is, how did you guys do it?
I'm losing faith in WCM with every passing minute of this restoration.  Their
T3 parts suck.  Anyway, TIA for the advice folks.  Later.

Cayson Ellsworth
68 Fastback (so close I can TASTE it!)
72 Super