Re: [T3] Transmission mount

>I'm not sure about this, but I think it MIGHT be possible to do this
>without dropping the engine/tranny.  You would still need to support
>the front of the tranny somehow, but I think you may be able to flex
>the rear mount enough to get the front rubber mount out and in.
>
>Don't hold me to this if I'm wrong.  ;-)

A friend of mine (yes, I had one once) replaced that front tranny mount in
his '69 Beetle.  He did it without removing the engine or the tranny.  From
what I remember, he put a jack under the engine/tranny to hold its weight
and then eased it back off of the front tranny mount.  I didn't actually
see this happen, but I did see the new front tranny mount installed after
only an evening of work.  (Polak potrafi.)

Look at your setup first.  If you think that you can't do it, then find
someone who will let you use their garage for a morning while you drop the
engine, move the tranny back and replace the mount.  Once you have done it,
you will ask yourself why you waited so long to tackle it.

Good luck and let the list know how this works out.

Take care,

John Kowalski
Zagreb, Croatia