Re: [T3] Transmission mount

On 29 Oct 98, at 10:04, LaRoucheD1@aol.com wrote:

> OK, here's my predicament. I need to replace my transmission nose cone mount
> but I don't have the facilities to remove the engine and trans. Is it possible
> to replace the mount without completely removing the engine and trans? I've
> looked in my Bentley and Haynes manuals but didn't see anything on replacing
> the mount. (maybe I missed it?) Any feedback would be helpful, good news would
> be even better.

I'm not sure about this, but I think it MIGHT be possible to do this
without dropping the engine/tranny.  You would still need to support
the front of the tranny somehow, but I think you may be able to flex
the rear mount enough to get the front rubber mount out and in.

Don't hold me to this if I'm wrong.  ;-)

Jim