Re: [T3] oil change conundrum

I think the 20W-50 is an over-reaction (but a common one) and is
really more than we need.  It can actually be counterproductive if it
is too thick and takes too long to get to the bearings when the
engine is started up cold.

Do you recall what brand the 20W-40 was?

I dont think it is an over reaction considering the area of the county in
which I live. It is still fall here. Today is overcast and is 66 outside. My
next oil change for winter will most likely be 10w-30.  Here in the desert a
daily temp change of 40 degrees is comon place.  It may hit freezing at
night and be in the 50's the next day. and seeing as the only time I drive
is during the day and eavning I will never see freezing when I get out of
work.

The brand was castrol but seeing as how auto zone bought out Chief's there
suply is going down hill. Seems I am gonna start shoping for oil in Vegas
again.

James

--
IMail Server for Windows NT. Evaluation version.
Copyright (c) 1995-98 Ipswitch, Inc. http://www.ipswitch.com/