[T3] Re-manufactured motor

Hi all

last week my fasti went and died on me (one of the main bearing seized
up why I don't know). When I drained the oil it was like grease (thick
and black). This I don't understand as I have only done 1200 mile since
the last oil change.
That forced me to get a re-manufactured motor as I need the car for my
everyday transport. Now my questions for this week is:
1) What type of run-in period should I have?
2) Should I have to re-tighten any nuts after this period or will a
general check be sufficient?
3) At what point will setting the timing be meaningful (as I did set it
on day one but it is way off again)
4) Ditto with setting the carbs and valve clearances

I have a 66 fasti with a new motor of unknown origin, twin carb single
port and a ridiculously loud free-flow

One more not related to above, my speedo does not go down to 0 (actually
10 mph) but rather stops at 15 mph when I am standing and my speed
reading is off by the same amount (obviously:-}). How to fix if
possible?

Thanx
Carl van Tonder
66 Fasti recently re-resurrected "VWrankenstein"