[T3] VW Parts Yard Going Out of Business

Hey fellow listees.  I'm currently in San Antonio on business, and being the
nosey SOB that I am, I looked for T3 stuff while I was here.  There's a guy
in SA who's lost his lease, and he's selling off all of his VW parts.
Mostly air-cooled, and VOSA (VW owners of San Ant) have picked most of the
T1 stuff over, *but* there is T3 stuff there.  There were two pre-68 fasty's
with auto trans and a/c.  They're strictly parts cars (well maybe not, but
you'd have to be pretty dedicated to save either of those critters), but
they're basically complete, and *really* interesting.  A/C!  I was stunned;
it looks like VW equipment, but it's hard to say (I was on lunch, so I was
pretty hurried).

The name of the company is Import Cars & Parts, and the number is
210.655.1131, and they've only got a year left on their lease.  They've got
neat stuff that he's trying to get sold, to prevent it being crushed.  One
thing of interest he has is a near mint set of 1965 1500 Body Manuals.  They
are absolutely gorgeous; official VWOA manuals (2), complete, and he'll sell
that for $100 (they're too old for me, or I'd own them now).  I just scored
a 1971 Master Parts catalogue in decent shape for $30.  He's selling me
popouts for $15 per (I know they aren't *really* for my '71, but that
flow-through ventilation is hooey).  Several cars with all that lovely
chrome stripping for the window gaskets.  Not bad stuff.

Not too much sheet metal; some doors, not much in the line of fenders or
¹'s, it's still TX after all.  Lots of weird mechanical stuff.

Hope it's useful to you.  - Oh yeah, I finally saw the proper mounting for
the radios, what a hack-job mine is!  Sheesh.  A question for the experts;
that plastic mount doesn't look too stable, will the older era fit (not, of
course that this guy has either on hand :-) )?

Hope this helps...