[T3] lubrication

Listers,

It strikes me occcasionally that perhaps the most important
lubrication responsibility each of us has is also the most often
overlooked.  I'm talking about the 4 grease fittings on the front
axle beam of every type 3.

These MUST be greased 1 or 2 times a year; I do mine every time I
change the oil.  The reason these are so important is that if you
wear out the bushings in your front axle beam, you will find that it
is easier to get an engine or transimission rebuilt than it is to get
a front axle repaired; replacement parts are virtually nonexistant,
so take care of the ones you've got.  With good care they will
outlive you; ignore them and you're SOL.

Remember there are FOUR grease fittings, find and lube ALL of them.
There are few cars on the road any more that use grease fittings, so
don't just assume that your mechanic is lubing these properly.

Jim