Re: [T3] does anyone know?

Small stuff will work on your 71 Sqbk from a 71 bug.

Window cranks, outer door handles (if you change out the actuator pin),
rear seat belts, dash knobs, door jamb switches, E brake components, gas
tank sender, fuses, headlight assmbly, bulbs, 8-track tape Player (just
kidding), pedal assmbly, inside Door release lever, door lock pull, you
know, the generic stuff.

Bon Apetite!
Big Al

>On Sun, 25 Oct 1998 18:56:06 +0000, you wrote:
>
>>Hola!
>>
>>Well... I'm stuck in Fort Wayne Indiana in a vintage VW parts black
>>hole.....
>>
>>but... I did find a 71 bug in a bone yard... does anyone know if the
>>door windows will fit in a 71 squareback?  How ' bout felt?  How ' bout
>>scrapers?  How 'bout  I don't know?  What can I pull off this thing?
>>
>>Thanks...
>>
>>Charlie
>>
>Not much will fit, from bug to square, steering wheel might transfer,
>the '71 square's is kind of unique to that year, not sure about '71
>bug.  Doors and scrapers, definitely not.  Stock tires are the same,
>rims aren't. In a pinch, you could use a bug tranny, the final gearing
>is different, though.  Afraid you're stuck with mail order or check
>with a local foreign auto parts place.  If they don't have it, they
>can order it.

For your VW Type 3 cravings:
http://www.autographica.com/vw

Type Three Parts Book Online
Type Three Cabriolet Prototype Project
Rebus Project: 1962 Notchback Restoration