Re: [T3] oil change conundrum

The gasket kits are readily available, cheap, mail-order if nothing
else. VW dealers might even have them(what a concept!), though I've
not bought one through them.  You can reuse the fiber gaskets, if not
torn up, in a pinch(Sunday night and nothing is open and you need it
first thing in the morning type of pinch).  You're risking a slow leak
reusing any of the gaskets, really.  I've done it, don't recommend it.

Oil is a big discussion item, you'd do better to go back in the
archives on that.  Depends on what you do with the car and what
climate you run in.  I ran straight 30 all year round in CA, but the
outside temp never got below 20 degrees.