[T3] Solex Carbs

To those with Solex carbs...The little brass 5mm-OD tube for connecting
the fuel line onto one of my carbs became loose.  Using just my fingers,
I was able to pull the tube right out of the hole on the carb.  The loose
tube was allowing the fuel line connection to leak a little and saturate
the outside of my cloth-covered fuel line with gasoline (and exposing me
to potential peril).  For now, I have jammed the tube more securely into
the carb by tapping it very lightly with a small hammer.  This seems to
have stopped the leak, but is there a better solution?  I'm afraid that
brass tube will just wiggle itself loose again.
 -Mark