[T3] Brake Problems....Gone At Last!

I finally got to the bottom of what was causing the soft
   brake pedal on my 70' Square after I replaced the center
   brake line....

   After I overhauled both rear brake systems earlier this
   year, I erroneously replaced the master cylinder when I
   should have replaced the center brake line.  However, I
   didn't check the pedal freeplay when I did this.

   There wasn't ANY freeplay.  Today I adjusted it and then
   adjusted the rear brakes again, this time only backing
   off 1 click on the adjuster after I started hearing the
   earliest drum contact noise.  I was backing off 2 or 3 clicks
   as the Idiot book recommends.

   Then I bled the brake system again strictly following the
   instructions ala the Bentley.

   Well, what do you know...  A nice high and very firm brake
   pedal, no fade, no pumping to get the rear brakes to engage.
   Stops are positive and straight ahead, no pulling.  The
   emergency brake holds at 5 clicks; man I am in Brake System
   heaven!  Hey, this thing stops much faster than I ever expected.

   Once again thanks to everyone who contributed their advice
   towards helping me get these brake problems resolved.  I
   don't think I could have done it all without this list AND
   I learned a LOT about the Type 3 brake system in the meantime..

   Respectfully,
   Allen Moore
   70' Squareback
   Houston, TX