Re: [T3] fuel line replacement

On 22 Oct 98, at 11:18, oofacts@earthlink.net wrote:

> Hey should those of us with carbs also be using 5/16" fabric reinforced
> fuel lines? What do you mean by fabric "reinforced" - is that different
> from fabric exterior?

The choice is between fabric outside rubber (2 layers) or fabric
between two layers of rubber (3 layers total.)  It is the braided
fabric reinforcement that gives the hose its strength; without that,
it would just be tubing (1 layer) and no good for any particular
pressure.

> And what about this secret part, Jim? (From the
> overflow hose to the fuel filler neck) What do we do if that "Secret Part"
> isnt there any more?

If you don't have it, that connection will leak.  You can see if a
dealer can get you a pair (bugs use the same part) or go to a junk
yard and strip some off a bug.  I may have a couple that I scavenged
when I finally discovered why my 73 gas tank kept leaking ;-)

Jim