Re: [T3] Broken Odometer and insurance gripes

the DMV doesnt give a rat's ass if my odometer works or not.  The insurance
company does becasue rates are based upon how many miles the car's driven a
year.  If the odometer doesnt work they cant check to make sure I'm driving as
many miles as I say I am.  the cars that say "exceed mechanical limits" or
"mileage shown is not actual mileage"  still have working odometers.

as for smog, when I registered out 71 Notch back in July, they didnt ask for
any smog information and didnt look at the car to see if all the original
equipment was still there.  I dont know what the charge is for registering an
out of state car.  I know there used to be a $300 environmental charge to
register out of state cars not originally sold in CA.  I have no idea if
that's still required or not.  my guess would be that they wont check anything
to see if it's "original smog equiped" or not, but you'll have to call and
check