Re: [T3] fuel line replacement

Ok, so 5/16" is roughly 7.9 mm, which is slightly larger than the metric
7mm, and 1/4" is 6.4 mm, which is slightly smaller (thus making it harder to
get on the pipes).
I would have thought that the larger diameter (5/16") would be more prone to
leakage, or do the clamps hold it enough. It would probably be a lot easier
to get these hoses on all the pipes.
I used the 1/4" line because I figured it would be less likely to leak, and
the fuel filter I got came with pieces of 1/4" hose (have no idea why -
didn't use them). I sure could have used that tidbit of knowledge about
using brake fluid, cause I think that would make it trivial to push the
hoses on.
Like Keith said, it was really easy to replace all the lines - just a bit
tough pushing the 1/4" hoses on without the lubrication :)
I did have the fuel tank out at the time, and given that it only has 4 bolts
holding it in, that's probably the easiest way to replace the fuel lines in
the front.
The reason I went with standard sizes is because it was so much easier and
cheaper to get.

Anyone have comments/suggestions?
Other than for "purity" reasons, why should I go with the hard to get and
more expensive 7mm line when the other stuff is so easy to get?

Thanks!
-Nico
'71 Fasty.