Re: [T3] fuel line replacement

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 06:48:08 -0700, you wrote:

>  BTW, yesterday I filled up my fuel tank and I noticed that there
>  was a STRONG smell of gas fumes.  I recently replaced the tank
>  overflow tube.  I checked everywhere and I can't find any leaks.
>  After driving the car for about 30 miles, the odor is diminishing.
>
>  Why do I feel like my T3 is a rolling Molotov Cocktail?
>
>  Til Later>
>  Allen
>  70' Squareback
>  Houston, TX

Could be it is!  I had that problem once, traced it down to the rubber
piece on the filler neck to tank connection.  I couldn't find an OEM
piece at the time, so ended up using some really expensive large fuel
hose from the local truck parts place.  It fixed the problem.  Feel
under the filler neck inside the trunk when you fill up next time.

Too much? Digest! mailto:type3-d-request@vwtype3.org Subjbscribe