Re: [T3] The Hill

My .02 on the fuel additives... I always considered fuel additives to
be right up there with snake oil - until my squareback was running like
crud, and I traced the problem to the injectors (everything else was
working ok).  A friend of mine suggested using Chevron Techron, since it
was the one Porsche recommended in his 911 owner's manual.  I bought a
bottle of it, and added it to my gas at the next fill up.  I had to go
for about an hour's drive that weekend anyway, so I used that as 'good
highway speed' to clean out the works.  The car ran absolutely horribly
for the first 40 or 45 minutes of the trip, then smoothed out like
magic.  I was totally amazed that the stuff worked, and for that matter,
I still am amazed by it.  Chevron has started adding Techron to their
gasolines right at the pump, but I'd still rather be able to regulate it
by adding it myself.

Jake Kooser