RE: RE: [T3] Aftermarket Padded Dashes

I too have LARGE cracks--one over the speedo, and one on either side of
the speaker grille (the kind with holes).  One day I plan to try
something like this: fill the cracks with a urethane foam
(insulation-like stuff that I've seen in hardware stores), trim the
hardened foam even with the dash top, and then add the textured grain
using a vinyl dash repair kit (I think Eastwood has one).  I figure that
we can't depend on the aftermarket suppliers to always be there with
whatever we need, so sometimes we need to try creative and unconventional
things to keep our cars up.
 -Mark
>Tom & Toby wrote:
>Tom, what about taking it to an upholstery shop and having them
>fill the cracks then vinyl, leather or cloth cover the pad?  This would
>allow you to keep the pad, making reinstallation easier, and give it
>a custom touch to match your car.
   Toby Erkson