RE: [T3] The Hill

I gotta disagree with Jim on one point (WOA!  Is that a full moon out there??)

Before I learned I needed 92 Oct I'd get my detonation on the highway at 70 which is around 3400rpm.
If you lifted the engine lid it was deafoning! So the detonation is at higher RPM too.. Id never hear
it in town, only on the highway with the engine at full temp.

I got rid of it by backin off the timing to 3bef and running the better gas which did run the engine
cooler,  detonation seems to make things run hotter overall. My CR is too high, Im using unmodified
aftermarket NEW heads which I think are 7.7 or so.  But if your engine doesnt knock I agree that your
throwin your money away with high octane gas.