Re: [T3] Looking for rocker discs

> You'd have to drill out your body to remove the bars if
>you ever needed to remove them - not good.
>
>Tom Cloud
>'69 Bug
>'69 Fastback!

Not exactly true, if the holes were welded up, you'd just have to take
the fenders off to make ride adjustments or bar removal. It's my
preferred method. It does take longer, but you don't have the problem
of having the bar sticking in the spring arm and not being able to get
the works out through the hole.  An air ratchet speeds up fender
removal marvelously.  I'd never weld up the front hole, the shifter
rod would have nowhere to go then.  Unbolting the front is not an
option here.

Still, if you've got junk bugs available, you can visit a few and
collect enough covers from their fronts to do the job.  I find that I
have to drill and tap the mounting boss for a new stud on the cover
because the nuts are usually rusted tight and the studs get twisted
off removing them.  Not a big job, but a nuisance.  The covers have to
get sanded and refinished anyway, the through hole gets hidden after
the primer stage, the stud being Loctited in and filed flush.  You can
even get a stainless bolt, cut the head off to make the stud and get a
stainless nut to match, then it won't rust up anymore.