Re: type3-d Digest V98 #328

On 10 Oct 98, at 21:26, kevin gunter wrote:

> Great weekend.  Got new tires and couldn't drive the car home from the
> shop.  No noise at the fuel pump (FI).  Relay has some corrosion.  Tried
> grounding that wire in front of left manifold ala Muir's guidebook and
> still no response from pump.  Will take my multimeter to shop tomorrow.
> Anybody had problems with the relay INSTEAD of the pump?  Anybody know the
> fuse number on the fuel pump circuit?

To find the fuse, just follow the wire from the relay.  Yes, I have
had one car with a bad relay.  I have also had a car that was stored
a long time so the brushes in the pump hung up.  It required an
occasional tap on the pump body to loosen it up.  This got better
with time and use.

Your most likely problem is electrical.  Do you hear both relay
clicks when you turn the key on?

Jim