From: Jim Adney <jadney@vwtype3.org>
To: type3@vwtype3.org <type3@vwtype3.org>
Date: 10 October 1998 13:50
Subject: Re: window

On 9 Oct 98, at 18:01, Dave Hall wrote:

> We have it a bit easier, with toughened glass screens that are not
> as prone to cracking, but explode into tiny pieces if they do
break
> (had a side window do that as I removed the lifter channel -
> spectacular).

Do you mean that your front glass is not laminated with a plastic
center layer?  I knew that this was often used in third world
countries, but had assumed that all the industrialized countries
required the same laminated (safety plate) glass as the US does.

Our side glass is like you describe: tempered so it fragments into
small pieces that cause minimal human damage.

Jim