Re: type3-d Digest V98 #327

These are sizes in millimeters, the commas are the German method of
inserting a decimal point, so 0,5 is 0.5 millimeter diameter wire(the
copper part).  To convert this to a U.S. standard wire gauge that you
can go ask for, you'll have to convert that diameter to inches, then
go look up a wire table.  Used to be the ARRL amateur radio annual had
those tables in there(local library).  Might be available on the net,
too.  I've seen some full-line electronics catalogs have tables of
wire gauges with diameters listed, too.  I'd much rather buy my wire
by diameter than by gauge, there's at least 4 different gauge tables
around, the standard for U.S. copper wire, I think, is the AWG table.
It's unlikely that you'll be able to match exactly, go to the next
larger gauge(smaller number, larger diameter).