RE: [T3] Rust killer?

Howdy and welcome,
Use a wire brush to knock off the flakes of rust then treat with a rust
conversion primer.  POR-15 and Corroless are good products, however, there
are
other conversion primers that are just as effective.

This will stop the rust process until the metal can be properly treated to
sanding, priming and painting.  Just don't forget to get a little bit under
the
paint as rust does creep under the paint.
   Toby Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/