RE: What's that noise?

>From Toby:

>  I heard a weird munching kind of sound, saw my left rear
 >tire shoot past me (I was traveling 15-20mph) and the rear end of
> my car dropped to the ground!

That happened to me at about 40 mph, and--let me tell you--it clears
the mind something wonderously!  The sight of that wheel just rollin'
and rollin' on ahead of you is a sight to behold...it rolled on
for the equivalent of several city blocks before it stopped.  Then's
when you're awfully glad that no one who knows you saw it happen!

> What are my next steps?

Toby, I was very fortunate...there was only body damage (crumpled
left rear fender), but no damage to engine or other parts.  Don't
know how I was so lucky...

I feel very bad knowing that this happened to you, especially while
your gun was still in Texas.  One little mishap can undo so much work
and cause so much grief.  You have my sympathy and best wishes for
getting the orange beastie back to the marvelous condition that it
was in when you came to Utah.

Keep us posted.

Phil
dillard@suu.edu