From: type3 [SMTP:type3@vwtype3.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, October 02, 1998 2:36 PM
To: mfuhriman@fugro.com
Subject:  Re: [T3] Type4 Engine in my Type3?

I'm installing a Type 4 motor in my 72 Fastback. It is possible and a
worthwhile swap if you have a complete engine, especially if the tinware
is ok. Things you'll need to have are a 210/215mm flywheel and clutch, a
small flywheel spigot bush as the Type3 gearbox input shaft is a bit
shorter than the Type4 one. You could do with an engine support bar as
the Type4 engine is heavier than the Type3 engine.
 --
Damian M. Clement