Re: [T3] Auto transmission adjustment

Same for me and my 69 auto square...shifts nicely, but when I replaced all
the hoses I noticed ATF in the modulator hose...so how bad is it to run
with a faulty regulator?

-Doug
69 auto FI square
73 fasty
98 NB
douglas_brashear@mail.amsinc.com

Please respond to concept@compassnet.com

To:   type3@vwtype3.org
cc:    (bcc: Douglas Brashear/AMS/AMSINC)
Subject:  [T3] Auto transmission adjustment

I have been trying for quite some time to get a new modulator for
   my autotrans 1970 Square.  What is described below is exactly what's
   happenening to my Square. The trans seems to run ok, however. Shifts
   great at about the proper times.

   Does anybody know where a new modulator one can be obtained?  I am
   beginning to think that they are NLA.

    Allen
    70' Square (Auto)
    concept@compassnet.com

Adriaan Loedolff wrote:

> Turning it CCW has the opposite> effect . If you remove the hose and find
any ATF running out of either the hose or the modulator, the modulator is
faulty and should> be replaced.