Re: [T3] Any Europeans on the list??

Indeed the Squarebacks are almost non existent in Germany.
Squarebacks were rigorously used up in commercial use and as family
cars.
They were usually purchased as company cars, few made it into private
hands and then only as used cars to be used up.
Only Notches are still fairly easily available because they survived as
Grandpa cars and nobody really wants them. Some Fastbacks are out there
too.
In the 150000 inhabitants city of Koblenz the last Square to be driven
daily disappeared about 5 years ago.
In West Berlin I remember only 1 Square as a daily driver always parked
in the same spot. This one was loved though, it belongs to a germen Typ
III club member.
Even Germans don't remember the Typ III much. Comments from the public
are normal.

Slowly a scene is developing though. This is best evident by the
extremely fast rising parts prices.
About 10 years ago I could have gotten a VW dealers Typ III parts
leftovers for free, lots of fenders and other body panels. I didn't take
it, as I was looking for 50's Bug stuff only, Typ III stuff was
worthless.
Today I can kick myself (kick,kick,kick).
Who could have forseen it though? And there is still nothing happening
on the Typ IV front. To late anyway.

Martin Peitz