Re: [T3] ball joints, tie rod ends

Jim,

Hmmm, well, my tie rod ends are pretty well rusted, and kind of sloppy,
not real sloppy but not real stiff either.  I need to do an alignment
and I can't move em!  I need to put a torch to 'em I guess... just what
I need at seminary ... a crazy pastor with a torch!

I need at least one ball joint, as the boot is split on the seem, and
another one is on the way to splitting.  The holes to regrease the
balljoints, are there... however the little plastic screw-in tabs have
long since broken off leaving the plastic threads in there with nothing
to help pull them out.  I could forsee saving two possibly three of
them, but I'd need replacement plastic (or metal!) tabs to drop in.

In any case... I had pulled most of the front end apart when I moved my
lower arms down a notch to raise my car a bit... It was slammed!... too
much, it rubbed. I figured I should have replaced the ball joints then,
but I didn't think to check before I started working.

I checked according to Bently.... like I said, they are a little
sloppy.  I like a tight ride....
Know where I can get NOS replacements?  And if the aftermarket stuff
isn't as good, how long will it last.  At like 8 bucks a tie-rod end,
that isn't much to replace every 2 years or so. Not to me anyway, and I
don't mind the work. I guess ball joints will be a little more
expensive, but I have prices for around 20.00 bucks a piece.  There is a
guy out here who is just thankful to get it off his shelf.

Thanks,

Charlie
71 square...