Re: [T3] oil drain plug again

On 28 Nov 98, at 15:25, Kater900@aol.com wrote:

> I swear that there is no
> bolt in the middle of the oil strainer plate. That was very easy to find,
> and I'm resisting the temptation to remove it and see if the drain plug is
> underneath it. The Jim Muir book said that it might be "off to the left"
> in some type 3 engines, but I don't see anything like that either.

VW dropped the center drain plug in 72 making it necessary to remove
the sump plate to change oil.  The old type sump plate became
unavailable soon after that so this job got messier.  The drain plug
is "off to the side" on a type 4 engine, and I think on the old 36 HP
upright engine also, but never on a type 3 engine.

Jim