Re: [T3] VWTYPE3. ORG T-Shirts

Some additional info on the embroidery idea...

Mom's reply:
>Like what are you thinking of embroidering? Caps? supposed to be
>easy....T-shirts? take a bit of time....some kind of canvas tote bag?
>easy....
>However, one of the big commercial machines, like they have at malls, would
>probably be faster because they program the machine, set up all the thread
>colors, put in the product and it does it.  I can order caps, tote bags
>from a supplier here.  I might be able to find a commercial machine
person....

When I read this, I was also reminded that it is possible to download
embroidery patterns in .zip format.  There are different proprietary formats
for the sewing machines themselves (Husqvarna and Pfaff come to mind), but
only a few.  I'm not suggesting that a type III logo already exists in that
form, but if we had one made - folks could download it free and take it to
the embroidery joint of their choice to find either the best price or local
access.  The only cost will be the initial digitizing (does anyone here have
that capability?) and the stuff to put the design on (which the end-user
would probably provide anyway).  I know Toby's dyin' to get one of those
"bunny suits" at intel embroidered with the type III logo!  Cool idea about
the seat covers, too Karl-Olov.

Jake Kooser