Re: [T3] Late calipers

Jim Adney wrote:

> On 24 Nov 98, at 7:57, James MacNaughton wrote:
>
> > Secondly (I just remembered this), as I was doodling around replacing fuel
> > lines and filters up front (what *is* that round little gizmo up by the fuel
> > pump?),
>
> The little gismo is called a "damper", but it is just hollow with
> nothing inside it.  I find it rather mysterious myself and am tempted
> to leave it off next time.

this "damper" is used to stop any pulses caused by the fuel pump.... it is hollow
because it uses the differences in diameter between the fuel line and the interior
of the damper to control the "waves" produced by the pump....... these dampers are
also used on some vehicles to dampen the pulses in the vacuum supplied to the
vacuum advance distributor, air conditioning systems also use this form of damper
to control the pulses from the A/C pump........  It is simple, but effective in
doing its job....... whether it really makes a difference in the fuel system is
another story, but another way of looking at it is that it is not like it can
really wear out.....