Re: [T3] That one part

In a message dated 11/24/98 3:16:41 PM EST, johnj@grandnet.com writes:

<<lugnuts?  >>

I have the original DDB ad on my wall here.
The text reads that the 1948 vs 1965 sedans only share 4 little parts.
The picture of the parts appear to be 3 small front torsion springs and the
front apron  round hole access cover.

But I am shure the lugs interchange, but probably have a superceeded part #.

Lots of parts interchange, it just the way of VW to keep it simple.

a 62 bus brake drum works on a 71 181, except for the lug nut thread diameter.

 And if those 4 parts were unchanged from 48 until 65, they probably survived
until the end of German type 111 production in 76. They may  be the same as a
99 mexibeetle, I have not seen one yet...:-0.

Ken C.
German Small Car Deseized