RE: [T3] Exhaust Leak

Hmm, all my under dash tubing is plastic -- oh wait, that's because I have a
later model.  Well, easily solved, go out an buy a later model! :)

I'm currently using 2 1/4" (I'm pretty sure) flexible carb preheat tubing on
my right side (product testing...stuff is working just fine).  Stuff looks
like mini clothes dryer duct tubing.  It hose clamps directly to the fan
housing and easily withstands the heat and air volume (5,000rpm bursts don't
seem to phase it).  Got it at Baxter Auto Parts store.  For stiffer tubing
you can get fiberglass impregnated carb preheat tubing at your FLAPS.  I
used this for *years* without it coming apart.  Very hardy stuff, worth the
cost!
   Toby Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/