Re: starter relay/bypass

was writ

>I sent in a question a couple of weeks back about the Muir idiot manual.
>It talks about a Ford relay switch you can get to give the starter
>direct juice from the battery

Hello,

I am a lurker from the T2 lists. I think I can answer your question. The
relay is installed to shorten the distance and number of connections that
electricity must travel thrru to reach the starter from the battery. This is
a very common problem with buses especially 6v buses. It will work for all
air-cooled vw's. Check out a rocky mountain motorworks catalogue for the
Bosch WR1 kit.

Please visit www.type2.com and press the archives button and do a search for
starter relay and you will find tons of stuff on this conversion.

Chris,
'72 \X/ bus
'69 \X/ bus
v-----Original Message-----