Re: [T3] injector #4 not firing

At 5:55 PM -0600 11/20/98, Jim Adney wrote:
>On 20 Nov 98, at 10:39, Greg Merritt wrote:
>
>> 	I've had wires break back up inside the boot, at the top of the
>> hard plastic plug.
>
>This is quite common, and is a sign of PO or mechanic abuse.

	In this case, "CO" (current owner) mechanical abuse.

	On a couple of the injectors, the spade connectors had loose
fittings; when the car would miss, we'd hop back and "wiggle the wires."
Would be fine for weeks, usually.

	Didn't realize (duh) that this was also stressing where the wire
entered the plug.  Once it finally broke on me, I figured out how to repair
them properly.  Never had to touch again one that's been resoldered &
tightened!

-Greg