[T3] Fuel in oil

HEY!!!

How can you tell if fuel is getting into your oil?  And what possible
ways are there for it to get in?  What are the symptoms?

I know my 71 FI Square gets about 20/21 mpg city, puts out this stupid
soot that gets on the back of my car, but does NOT belch smoke (black or
white or whatever).  I do regularly maintain my car.  I adjust valves
after nice long hot trips over the Grapevine (SoCal) on the 5.  I change
oil and lube and wash and wax and pet and love my car.
I just hope I don't have to pop in a new engine with the money I don't
have.... (8^O)  (scary thought)
Please help me help my Square! (If it is even in need of help.)

So, what's the scoop?

Steve Glavas

'71 Square in SJ, CA

PS- Tjiena, Karl-Olov!  Hur mŒr du?  Jag prata inte svenska, men min
flickven Šr svensk.