[T3] End of oil filter debate...

First of all, I like to say a big "THANK YOU!" to all of you fellow
T3-freaks out there, that have bothered to help me with my oil filter
thoughts.
I think we can put a end to this thread now (for the moment). I think  I«ve
got a pretty clear picture of what to do next.

1. Jim! Can I have your address? Of course you will get your $1 (and well
that...) for your drawings! Most interesting!
    Never mind that the measurements are in inch. No sweat! We are pretty
familiar with that system in Sweden, too.
    (For example: old Volvo:s, mid '70 and earlier are full of  inch-sized
bolts and nuts)

2. Toby! I will follow your advice and go for the oil pump cover-type
installation after all. I think I can give it a try on my present engine,
which has done about 5000 kmeters now (2 oil changes/year), and hope for the
best. Thanks for your warnings about doing this on a well-used engine!  When
the car had done about 6000 km a main bearing went bad in the original
engine, and the PO tossed in another rebuilt std engine. I got the original
engine in on the bargain when I bought the car, and the plan is to rebuild
it to achieve "matching numbers" and original status again. Meanwhile, I
thought I could try out some tricks, like this with a better lubrication
system, on the present "test" engine. Then, if they work out well, I might
do the same on the original engine, too. Perhaps with even better results.

Once again, many thanks for your help. It is really interesting, exciting,
educational and amusing to follow this excellent list! Thank you Greg & co!

>From winterland!

Karl-Olov Sandin