Re: SV: [T3] Oil filter instead of screen?

Sandin, Karl-Olov wrote:

> "000-091-521 VW Factory Accessory To Install a Bypass type spin on oil
> filter on a Type III
> (Rabbit oil filter will work as replacement),   $50.00"

    Can someone tell us if this 000 part number is for real?  If it is really a
VW engineered design, I would shell out $50 just for the novelty of it!
    How can you filter the oil properly by only taking a "sip" of it at any
given time?

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR