RE: [T3] Oil filter instead of screen?

NOS means New Old Stock.  This means original VW parts that are just old (no
longer made).

So, with that, there is no such thing as a NOS full flow filter for the T3.
If there is then it's been a very well kept secret!  I'm willing to wager
that the kit is for the upright engine.  However, they may have it for the
pancake engine.  I know Gene Berg sells the pump cover for the T3.  Gene
Berg does not sell the filter that mounts to the bottom of the oil sump and
strongly advises against using such a filter.  CB Performance sells the sump
mounted filter and I think Kymco does as well (both have web sites, check
'em out).

I have the GB full flow filter and I really like it.  I don't use the stock
screen any more so oil/filter changes are not as messy.  The filter is
common and easy to find at auto part stores and does a far better job at
keeping the oil clean [than the stock screen].

I've heard that it is possible to tap into the oil galley for the return
line without having to clearance the fan housing.
   Toby Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/

...and another...