RE: [T3] FWD vs. RWD

OOoooh, you're the Ford engineer, aren't you?  Cool!  A debate from a
qualified person!

Well, yes, I understand the 'qualified' part, and while I drive *much* more
than the average person (probably 50-60K per year), I've never been to
Bondurant.  I have driven hundreds of thousands of miles, and given very
little prompting, I'd never own FWD again (though if I *do* move back east,
I'll probably go water to save Deathrich any further angst).  I don't think
it's particularly forgiving at all, especially in the rain (deep snow, I'm
not that sure of).  It seemed to me, that once you'd lost it in the rain
with FWD, it's harder to regain control than with RWD.  With RWD it's just a
little more or less gas, counter steer in the turn, and you're back.  FWD,
no matter how much gas you give it, once it's gone, it continues to plow.

I don't know, this is one of my pets.