RE: [T3] Stupid Question...

Tough to quantify quickly.  A 'pancake' or 'suitcase' motor is in fact, a T3
power plant, but VW designated Busses as Type 2, regardless of the mill.

Go to the www.type3.org <http://www.type3.org>  home page, and check out the
info there.  There's lots of good illustrations and explanations for that
stuff.