Re: [T3] The Virgin or here we go again...

> Funny, if the car was a 1995 Jetta (or insert car here) this statement
> would never come up.  So why should it come up on a type 3?
>
> Scott (In other words, fix it...)

Well I might as well jump on in here....
Hi I'm Robert.... just bought a '73 Squareback that I took a chance
on... he said.... "It ran last time I parked it (two years ago) ...
tow it away for $200 or I can try to get it running... but it'll cost
ya...."... so what do you think I did... yep tow.  well.... it didn't
run... as expected.... I'm getting spark though.. it ran when fuel was
dumped down the intake...replaced fuel line to pump including
filter.... pump didn't make noise... took it apart... cleaned off all
the tarnish... replaced.. made noise but car still didn't run...
reading this list I heard that the fuel injection is supposed to make
clicking noises when you turn the key to "on"... I don't remember
hearing that... also I'm not sure if fuel is gettin passed the pump...
when I checked what I think to be the outlet it was dry.... I'm having
someone help me with this with limited knowledge of VW's.. ('69 Ghia a
few years back) and the car is an hour away ( apartments won't let me
work on cars... no garage.... :o(...) so it will be a slow proccess...

... the Dark Side is calling me.... (Carbs)

not only cause I don't wann deal with FI... but I want to get a little
more HP out of it... I know that just carbs won't do that... I plan on
other things as well.... but ohhh how I do love stock better....

HELP!!!

may be guilty of this also ) would rather deal with something more
tangible... like the mechanics of carbs rather than electonics and
programs with FI... but if I knew FI better... I probably would be
convinced that it is better.... hmmm...

Robert
'73 broken back